V BALL VALVE (BRASS)
Rating: Not Rated Yet
Product Description, Dimensions and Specifications PDF
Series VP-800 (Brass Body V-Port Ball Valve)
The brass V-Ball (V-Port) valves. V "notch" in 30, 60 and 90 degree options available. Sizes range from 1/4" - 6" in the V-Ball configuration. USA made with optional stainless steel valve ball. Ideal solution if carbon steel and stainless still are not an option in your project. We are one of the exclusive manufacturers of V-Ball valves.
- V-Ball valves available between 1/2" and 3" in size
- Available in NPT (threaded) connection ends
- High strength brass valve body
- Optional stainless steel valve ball
- Pressures up to 360PSI and 600WOG (Water, Oil, Gas)
- Forged brass ASTM B283-06 valve body
- EPDM O-rings
- Bubble tight shut-off
- Normally open or normally closed configurations available
- EPDM repair kits available upon request for repair
CALCULATE THE VALVE SIZE
With the above information, the following steps are used to correctly size a valve in a piping system.
- Cv value is obtained by using the appropriate ANSI/ISA–75.01.01 flow sizing formula or computer aided flow control sizing program that is based on these formulas.
- Cavitation is checked by using the FL value (Liquid Pressure Recovery Factor), and the expansion factor needed for compressible fluids is obtained using the values (Pressure Drop Ratio Factor). Both values are found in the Cv charts supplied on the following pages.
- Select a nominal valve size from the Cv charts based on the calculated Cv.
V-Port Ball Valves: Select a valve which offers calculated Cv for the minimum and maximum flow between 20% to 80% of port opening.
Round Port Ball Valves: Select a valve which offers calculated Cv for the minimum and maximum flow between 30% to 80% of port opening.
- Select the valve type (flanged, threaded or welded) and materials of construction.
- Valtorc recommends RTFE valve seats for V-Ball Control Valve applications.
- Select the actuator – for Actuator Sizing please see our actuator product pages and IOM doucments.
- Quality product
- Simplicity - Very low maintenance costs
- Tight Shutoff - Exceeding Class VI and bubble-tight
- High Rangeability - Repeatable control through 95% travel
- Low Cost - Purchase price is substantially lower
- Low weight - about 30% lighter than globe control valve
- Compact Size
- Shearing Action
- Low Flow Control - Cv as low as 0.07
- Flexible CV
- Erosion Resistant
- High Pressure Drop
- High Temperature - Up to 1,000°F