Our V-Ball, V-Port and V-Notch ball valves are made with high quality materials. The V-ball, V "notch" is an exclusive design that allows precise flow with the ability to modulate and control the flow with 30°, 60°, or 90° degree V "notches". The V-Ball valve is a low maintenance valve with a tight bubble shut off feature. All valves have high manageability with the ability to work in high temperature (up to 1000°F) and in pressures as high as 500PSI (liquids) and 150PSI in steam. V-Ball valves are low cost comparable to valves of similar pressure drops and Cv's with low flow control (as low as 0.07). Our V-Ball valves can come in manual configuration or actuated for automated processing and control. These valves are available in ANSI flanged, NTP (threaded) and socket weld.
V BALL VALVE (STAINLESS STEEL)
Stainless Steel V-Ball (V-Port) valves. V "notch" in 30, 60 and 90 degree options available. Sizes range from 1/4" - 6" in the V-Ball configuration. Made from 316 stainless steel in flanged, threaded or socket weld.
V BALL VALVE (PVC & CPVC)
PVC and CPVC V-Ball valves are made from high grade PVC materials available in sizes from 1/2" - 6" in NPT, (threaded) and flanged connection ends. The angle rotation is up to 90 degrees and the valve body can be rotated 360 degrees for placement.
V BALL VALVE (BRASS)
Brass V-Ball (port) valves available in sizes from 1/2" to 3" in NPT, threaded configurations. V-Ball is nickle plated brass for high pressures (full stainless steel ball optional) and EPDM seats.
V BALL VALVE (CARBON STEEL)
Carbon steel V-Ball (port) valve in sizes 1/4" to 6" available in flanged, NPT, threaded and socket weld connections. ANSI leak class, ASME B16.10 and stainless steel ball and stem.
CALCULATE THE VALVE SIZE
With the above information, the following steps are used to correctly size a valve in a piping system.
- Cv value is obtained by using the appropriate ANSI/ISA–75.01.01 flow sizing formula or computer aided flow control sizing program that is based on these formulas.
- Cavitation is checked by using the FL value (Liquid Pressure Recovery Factor), and the expansion factor needed for compressible fluids is obtained using the values (Pressure Drop Ratio Factor). Both values are found in the Cv charts supplied on the following pages.
- Select a nominal valve size from the Cv charts based on the calculated Cv.
V-Port Ball Valves: Select a valve which offers calculated Cv for the minimum and maximum flow between 20% to 80% of port opening.
Round Port Ball Valves: Select a valve which offers calculated Cv for the minimum and maximum flow between 30% to 80% of port opening.
- Select the valve type (flanged, threaded or welded) and materials of construction.
- Valtorc recommends RTFE valve seats for V-Ball Control Valve applications.
- Select the actuator – for Actuator Sizing please see our actuator product pages and IOM doucments.
- Quality product
- Simplicity - Very low maintenance costs
- Tight Shutoff - Exceeding Class VI and bubble-tight
- High Rangeability - Repeatable control through 95% travel
- Low Cost - Purchase price is substantially lower
- Low weight - about 30% lighter than globe control valve
- Compact Size
- Shearing Action
- Low Flow Control - Cv as low as 0.07
- Flexible CV
- Erosion Resistant
- High Pressure Drop
- High Temperature - Up to 1,000°F