GENERAL PURPOSE ELECTRIC ACTUATOR
Quarter turn electric actuator, general purpose series. On/off (open/close), high cycle life and a very cost effective method of valve actuation on ball valves or butterfly valves. AC motor drives the actuator; designed to perform for years of trouble free operation. ISO 5211 standard mounting configuration and heater available as optional upgrade.
Product Description, Dimensions and Specifications PDF
Series EL-600 (Open/Close - On/Off Electrical Actuator)
Our electric actuators are designed for any type of environment any condition. With a durable plastic dome; economically priced to actuate any ball valve or butterfly valve. This series is our most popular type of electric actuator both for price and durability. With breakaway torques from 150 - 600 In. Lbs and an easy to install platform, you can rest assured your actuated valve will perform as needed.
EFFICIENT, CONSISTENT, TRUSTED ELECTRIC ACTUATION PERFORMANCE
A powerful split phase reversing AC motor drives the EL-600 to produce breakaway torque from 150 to 600 in-lbs. DC motors are also available. The design of the VALTORC EL-600 actuator makes it one of the most cost-effective units on the market today. And because Valtorc EL-600 electric actuators are reliable and inherently low maintenance units (compared with pneumatic alternatives), you’ll realize long-term efficiencies beyond the initial low price. All EL-600 Series actuators include a visual position indicator and a holding brake to prevent back driving in butterfly valve, damper and resilient-seated ball valve applications.
ACTUATOR HEATER AND AUXILIARY LIMIT SWITCHES
The heater and thermostat option is a chassis mount resistance heater which contacts the motor support plate. It is wired into the existing 12-position terminal block and is recommended in humid environments and those that experience wide temperature swings in order to evaporate any condensation. The thermostat is pre-set to activate at 90°F, (33°C) and deactivate at 110°F, (44°C). The heaters draw approximately 15 watts at all voltages.
Two extra switches may be added to EL-600 Series actuators to provide dry contacts; they are fully adjustable to trip at any position. The switches are often used for position indication or to interlock other devices (such as in sequencing operations). The switches are single pole, double throw switches rated for 1/2 HP, 15 amps @250VAC, CSA certified.
- Available for valves sizes 1/4" up to 36"
- Available for ball valve and butterfly valve products
- Economic solution to valve actuation
- Extremely strong PVC outer casing
- Easy to install with no ongoing maintenance or upgrades
- Designed to provide years or trouble free operation
- Powerful split phase reversing AC motor drives the actuator
- Standard open/close operation
- Breakaway torques from 150 - 600 In. Lbs.
- Ideally suited for OEM applications
- Visual indicator confirms on/off positions
- Power open/power close operation available
- Heater and thermostat options available as an upgrade
- Standard ISO-5211 mounting configuration
- Auxiliary limit switches available as an optional upgrade