Sanitary 3-Way Ball Valve [Series 520SN]
Series 520-SN (3-Way - Optional 4/5 Way Sanitary Valve)
Unlike two-seated diverter valves and other multi-port valves on the market, the 520-SN series has four seats (five seats in bottom entry valves) for positive shut-off in the closed position. High-Cycle, Live-Loaded Stem Packing Dynamic loading on stem packing ensures a tight seal through varying pressure and temperature conditions, extending service life and reducing maintenance costs.
Sanitary 3-Way Ball Valve Series; Stainless Steel
The 520-SN is a true multi-way sanitary style ball valve with balanced seat construction. Porting and shut-off capabilities can reduce the number of process valves required in a piping system. This full port valve is available in a number of flow configurations with both clamp and tube butt weld end connections. Lateral forces in a 3-way valve can cause unwanted seat distortion. tem/ball isolation prevents side loading and wear of downstream seats improving performance and service life. The series 520-SN valve offers the following add-on options: 4 or 5 way construction with multiple flow patterns, clamp, tube butt weld, extended tube butt weld or compression end connections and finer internal surfaces are available upon request.
Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and Medical Valve Applications
The series 520-SN is an ideal choice valve for the pharam, food/drinking water/beverage and medical industries. With optional cavity filler, the 520-SN would be perfect for handling food, drinking water and medical chemicals/waste. The cavity filler will enable and ensure the reduction of contamination and particles embedding in areas of the valve and ball.
- Available in sizes 1/2" - 4"
- Up to 1000PSI
- Temperature range between -20F - 400F
- Balanced 4-Seat or 5-Seat construction
- Trunnion mounting ball (1 1/2" - 4")
- Provides engineers greater design flexibility
- ISO 5211 mounting pad for valve automation
- All valves tested to ANSI/ASME B16.34 and API598
- All material comply with applicable ASTM material specifications; all soft wetted parts comply with FDA CFR Title 21; Part 177.
- Optional connecting ends include: tri-clamp, tube butt weld, extended butt weld or compression end connections
- Blow-out-proof stem - stem is bottom loaded to prevent removal when valve is in service
- Full port design - full port construction improves flow characteristics for greater process efficiencies