Valve Blog and News
Valtorc Valve News and Industry Related News, How-To's and FAQ's
The Benefits of an Electric Actuator
An electric actuator, also called as an electro-mechanical actuator, is a motor that makes use of electrical energy for producing mechanical energy. These are used in a number of applications and are favored by many industrial users.
Some of the advantages of electric actuators consist of the following:
- Greater flexibility – Being highly flexible, these actuators are perfect to be used for machines or systems that require flexible processes.
- Low replacement cost – Another major advantage offered by these types of actuators is the low replacement cost that they have. In fact, these offer great replacement value when used in applications wherein the electronics are independent of the actuator.
- Greater accuracy – One of the greatest benefits of the electric actuators is the accuracy and precision that they offer. By employing high precision screws and anti-backlash mechanisms, users can get ultimate precision and accuracy, resulting in exact processes and results.
- Low operational costs – It is important to note that even though the component costs of electric actuators tend to be on the higher side, still the operational and maintenance costs of these actuators is lower than the pneumatic actuators. Thus, they can be effectively used in those systems that require low maintenance and operational costs.
- Ideal for systems where air is not available – These actuators are perfect to be used in those applications where air is not easily available. So, in case you are going to consider them for a place or situation where availability of air is a concern, and electricity is easily accessible, then go for these actuators.
- Single source of supply – Electric actuators are great to be used for such applications which need just a single source of supply.
- Easy installation – These actuators are not just convenient and easy to operate, but also come with simple to install wiring and offer absolutely easy installation. The installation costs of electric actuators are also on the lower side, so they are good to be used to obtain a number of advantages.
- Accurate mounting – These actuators are suitable for applications that require accurate mounting, thanks to their great design and precise specifications.
- No shortage of supply – In case there is a power outage, these actuators can still work with the help of a battery powered emergency power supply. So, there is nothing to worry about when these types of actuators are used in the valves.
- Quiet operation – The electric actuators offer a smoother and quieter operation with the sophisticated technology that they have. So, in case you are looking for quieter, smoother and cleaner actuators, then these would be the right choice for you.
There are many suppliers of reliable and durable electric actuators such as Valtorc® International. Get the best in class products from this company and have smooth and glitch-free operations.