Valve Blog and News
Valtorc Valve News and Industry Related News, How-To's and FAQ's
Blog posts tagged in Ordering
After installation, it is important to take care of a ball valve and to ensure its proper maintenance. However, in many cases, even when you take great care of the valves to make sure that they function properly, still there might be cases wherein they need replacement.
This could be when the seals are broken or when some damage takes place in the valve. In fact, there can be several reasons for changing a ball valve. But what is important is to be aware of the procedure that is involved in its replacement.
Enumerated below are the few steps that can be followed to replace a ball valve in an easy manner:
- Buying the new valve and other supplies: You have to begin with this step. It is necessary to have all the essential things that you would need to replace the ball valve, before you take the old valve out. Thus, buy the new valve along with the supplies that are required. Ascertain the type of pipe, whether it is made up of copper, PVC, etc. Depending upon the type of pipe, you will have to buy the other necessary supplies.
- Turning off the water supply: The next step should be shutting off the water supply completely. Once this is done, you should then turn on the faucet, so that all the water that is sitting in the pipe comes out of the pipeline.
- Taking the old valve out: For removing the old valve from the pipe, you can use a hacksaw. Ensure utmost caution while you cut the pipe with the hacksaw and take the valve out of the pipe carefully, without damaging anything.
- Splicing the pipe & placing the new valve: After removing the valve, measure the opening to fit in the new valve and splice the new pipe with the old one. After this, put the new ball valve in place and close the pipe with the coupler.
- Checking the new valve: Once all the above mentioned steps are followed, turn the water and the faucets on. Make sure that the valve is working fine and there is no leakage. If you detect that there is some leakage, then take the corrective action to fix it immediately.
In case, there is no leakage then turn off the water supply and seal the pipes back into the wall they are placed in. If necessary, you should repair the wall with a little paint and spackle.
By following these simple steps you can easily replace a ball valve. So, go ahead and buy your new ball valve and the necessary materials to replace the old valve. There are various manufacturers that offer great and durable valves. Contact them today and get the right products for your use, without any delay!
One of the most important aspects of using a valve for any application is to determine its right size. Ascertaining the correct size is extremely important to have adequate control of flow rate. Sizing a valve is based on a number of factors. These are pipe size, type of material, flow design, pressure drop, and so on. On the basis of all these and other such factors, you can rightly size up a valve. After all, a correctly sized valve will enhance the flow accuracy and increase the rangeability as well!
Steps involved in determining the accurate size of a valve
- Ascertain the required design flow rate
- Determine the operating flow
- Choose the pipe size
- Identify the Maximum Pressure Drop across the valve
- Compute the Valve Characteristics (represented as Cv )
- Choose the type of valve and body size, based on the chart or table supplied by the manufacturer
- Check that the computed Cv does not increase the actual Cv of the chosen valve. In case it does, then you must go through the chart provided by the manufacturer once again, and select a suitable valve.
- Now, you should evaluate if the valve control range is right or not
- If the computed Cv and valve control range are now appropriate, then the valve is of the right size. However, if any of these are not suitable, then again pick up another valve from the manufacturer’s chart or table and repeat the sizing process.
It is important to understand that sizing a valve correctly is a critical process to ensure the proper functioning of the system. Even though it may seem to be a difficult technique, it is not that tough! All that is required is a little familiarity with the system and access to the right information provided by the manufacturer. It becomes all the more easier if you take the help of experts while sizing a valve.
Choosing a good and reliable supplier of valves is an essential point that you should keep in mind. This is because when you deal with the right manufacturer, you get utmost peace of mind & top quality products.
There are several companies that are operating online these days. So, you can have a look at the products being offered by them on the internet, and can pick a renowned and trustworthy supplier of valves. This way, you will be assured of excellent products, that too, without having to put a lot of effort & time!
How To Order A Pneumatic Actuated Ball Valve Assembly
VT=PNEUMATIC ACTUATOR ALUMINUM ANODIZED
DA= DOUBLE ACTING
SR= SPRING RETURN
FO= SR FAIL OPEN
FC= SR FAIL CLOSED
SSDA= STAINLESS DA
SSSR= STAINLESS SR
SSSRFO= FAIL OPEN
SSSRFC= FAIL CLOSED
BRZ-2PC-DM= BRASS 2 PIECE FULL PORT DIRECT MOUNT
BRZ-3PC-FP= BRASS 2 PIECE FULL PORT HANDLE
CS-3PC-MH = CARBON STEEL 3 PIECE FULL PORT HANDLE
SS-3PC-MH = STAINLESS STEEL 3 PIECE FULL PORT HANDLE
CS-HP6000 = CARBON STEEL FULL PORT PRESSURE 6000PSI
SS-HP6000 = STAINLESS STEEL FULL PORT PRESSURE 6000PSI
SS-FLG150 = STAINLESS STEEL FULL PORT FLANGED 150#
SS-FLG300 = STAINLESS STEEL FULL PORT FLANGED 300#
SS-3L/T-NPT= STAINLESS STANDARD PORT 3 WAY L OR T PORT
SS-3L/T-FLG150= STAINLESS 3 WAY FLANGED 150 L OR T PORT
1 " = 100
1 1/4"= 125
1 '/2"= 150
2" = 200
21/2" = 250
3" = 300
4" = 400
6" = 600
8" = 800
3 WAY VALVE L PORT = L
3 WAY VALVE T PORT = T
NAMUR SOLENOID VALVE NEMA 4X
CONDUIT CONNECTION 1/2"
PART# 9AAG -
VOLTAGE 115 VAC
EXPLOSION PROOF = XP
NEMA 4X = LSN4
NEMA 7 = LSN7
3-15PSI = VP700
4-20MA = VP900